red/blue background

Friday, April 24, 2009

Bible verse

I think Isaiah 43:2 may become my life verse.  It's long though....

"When you pass through the waters , I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze."

The other one I really like is Psalm 27:14

" Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage: wait for the Lord."

I've been pondering both of those this week. I know what it's like to wait and I know about passing through fire and water and coming out the other side, protected by God.

It was just Gary and I this week, and we had some good conversations.  He is 13 and he was put in 2 opportunities to talk about his sister.  He hates to talk about the fact that she died.  He was over at a friends house and he has a little sister.  She happened to ask Gary about having a little sister, and what else could he say? So, he told what little bit he had to say. I totally understand that.  Then the very next day, with the same friend, he had to tell his mom almost the same thing.  That time though he got to tell a "I remember when" story.  He remembers the good stories- the little sister stories. I love them.

Both nights we talked about her. That we miss her, and how hard it is to have to tell anyone that you have someone so close who has passed away.  I told him how proud I was that he talked about it.  

We really miss Ryleigh.  

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogiverse. I'm sorry, I didn't know about Ryleigh. I'm very sorry she died.

    I totally get the part about having a child so much like yourself. There's good in it and sometimes there's some bad. Enjoy the time with just your son. Those times are so precious.

    love, chloe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even imagine how much you must miss Ryleigh. I'm sorry.

    Thanks for sharing the verses. I know a song to the words of the first one, so it made me sing in my head. :)

    Natalie in TX from SL

    ReplyDelete