red/blue background

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Strawberries

Gary and I went and picked strawberries today. The strange thing was that Thomas wasn't there. Really I thought about Ryleigh not being there, but that's normal :) Thomas has spent his whole day taking math TAKS (state test). They give them the entire day to do the test. Total waste of a day if you ask me. Total waste of the last few weeks. They've spent all this time cramming for a test that they now have 7 hrs. to take. Along, with all kinds of rules about what you can and cannot bring to school. Oh, and the cafeteria doesn't provide hot lunch on the days they test. Seriously? you can't feed kids a hot lunch, but you can take away all their electives because their grades are bad and you are worried about them failing your precious test? Can you tell I don't like the TAKS test :)

Anyway, back to the important stuff- strawberries.! We had a fun time picking them and I have now eaten way more than I should've but they are so good. Poor Thomas, stuck inside on this most beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment