red/blue background

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

31 Days of blogging......

So, I've been meaning to come back here. Really I have, but alas I haven't. Two years later I come back and for the month of August I will try and write everyday.  Some things will be mundane, some happy, some thrilling and some sad I'm sure.  We should seriously take bets how long I last at this everyday thing.
I think this post will be the highlights of 2012 so far.

1. This extends back a year or more, but I got a part time job in the Life Skills class at a high school.  I LOVE it! I love it so much I might be doing it full time in a few weeks.  I still love signing and this job incorporates both, but I am blessed that God picked me for this season and job.

2.  I started kickboxing again.  I'm not sure I will survive.  The trainer is tough, but I am watching God's plan in this too, and loving the way I feel.  I have lost inches, weight and cholesterol points in the last few months.  I have also gained stamina, better health and a healthier concept of my body.  I may be only down one clothing size, but I feel like a model.

3.  In June I got to meet up with some friends from around the country and I made new ones.  I love these meet ups.  I love these friends.  They are my internet friends and they rock!

4.  In that same trip I took my first train trip on Amtrak, in a room.  I went from Chicago to St. Louis to see Brenda.  I even ate dinner on the train.  Didn't sleep on it, but it was a way cool way to travel.  I also got to catch up with Brenda which was AWESOME!

5.  I finished up 2 college classes and am now the proud owner of an Associates Degree of Arts.  Two summer classes were almost too much, but lots of studying and doing the extra credit, awarded me with two A's!

6.  Got to visit Seattle and take an Alaskan cruise.  Both were really cool.  I LOVE cruising.  Truly for me I think my favorite part was seeing the totem poles.   I don't know why they just were.  The country was beautiful and the vacation was relaxing.  Oh, the other favorite part was sitting in the pod in the adults only pool!  That thing rocked.  I could curl up with a book or quilt and be nice and warm with a blanket while watching Alaska go by.

7.  I finished a quilt for Gary this year.  He picked the pattern and the fabrics and I just put in the work. It came out really nice and my friend Joyce quilted it for me.  Joyce actually quilted 2 other ones for me and they are beautiful.

I'll leave it there, as some of the other things should be posts on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment