red/blue background

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 12- Delightful

This post popped in my head at church this morning.

I don't follow well.  I don't follow trends. About the only person I follow well is God, and sometimes I don't do that well.  Those of you that know me well will understand this about me.  It will not surprise you and you are probably laughing really hard already.

 I say all that because I've always wondered about this picking a word for the year thing.  No criticism or judgement, it's just not been the thing for me.

My church had a women's retreat in January and it was a very moving time between God and I.  He used that time to have me do an amazing amount of intentional prayer.  He and I are always talking, but this was intentional prayer for people and issues.  That probably opened me up for worship time.  I should've been prepared and expecting it, but I wasn't.

Besides soothing my soul and refreshing it God put the word Delightful on my heart.  At that moment I felt delightful.  Delightful in God and in my life.  Delightful was used numerous times for the retreat.  God is amazing, and He is delighted in me.  Our worship leader used that word this morning and I smiled.

So I have a word this year.  It was a reminder to find the delight in what I can.  Delight in my job. This is not a hard one to do.  Delight in my kids.  This one is hard! Delight in my life and my family and friends.  I think Delightful fits into my whole you can't control anything really so you might as well enjoy it all.  Be Delightful in life and in the world.  It makes a difference to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment