red/blue background

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day 16


So this is my second quilt and first attempt at a picture.  Really this is my 3rd quilt. I did a quilt for a couple getting married, a baby quilt and this one.  Gary picked out all the fabric and the pattern.  I hand stitched the entire top together.  My friend Joyce put the back 3 pieces together for me, quilted all three layers and put the binding one.  Once I got it back my friend Lynn and I finished off the binding.  It takes me a bit of time, because most times I quilt while watching Days of Our Lives.  I will be working full time this year, so I'll have to find another time to quilt.

Next on my list is to finish a quilt top I've been working on for awhile and put another baby quilt together.  Then I have to decide which quilt to start next.....  I also want to fix Ry' s quilt.  I have a couple of sides where the back isn't wide enough.  It will be harder to fix than I like.

I bought a quilt top at an auction last night. One day I will send it to Joyce to quilt, after putting on a bigger border.

No comments:

Post a Comment