red/blue background

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day 17

When I typed Day 16 I realized there was a good post as an extra.

The hospital where Ryleigh died had an awesome Child Life Dept.  Every spring break they do a grief camp.  They had it 3 months after Ryleigh died and we reluctantly let them go.  I confess to nearly having a panic attack on the way.  Really I did, I just didn't hyper ventilate, which is usually par for the course for me.

So, the boys go and for days I have no idea if they had fun.  We go and pick them up and they met a young couple Ben and Kristina.  Ben and Kristina were awesome.  They were amazing with the boys, especially Thomas.  Kristina would sneak snacks for him and they would sit and talk about everything. Just what he needed at that time.  We have stayed friends with them and I consider both of them a HUGE reason the boys did ok. Have I said enough yet that they ROCKED? They did.  They still go to camps in the summer and I can't begin to imagine the blessings they have given other kids. I love those two!

Two years ago they got married, and truth be told we would've crashed if we'd not been invited.  I had not quilted much outside of Ryleigh's.  My friend Meg assured me I could do a square block quilt in a short amount of time.  I got it done and to the longarm quilter and back just in time.  I put a quilt label on it, using Ryleigh's clothes as a label.

I adored giving it to them.  I needed to give them an amazing gift for thanks.  They will always hold a spot in my heart, as a couple who gave so much to my sons, and really us too.

No comments:

Post a Comment