red/blue background

Monday, August 6, 2012

Day 6

I love the Olympics.  I love the idea of the Olympics.  The concept of different nations coming together to compete is a good one.  I dislike the cheating.  I wish they could compete without the pressure of winning.
I also dislike that the ceremonies have become so big that countries are spending way too much money on them.  Yes, I know sponsors help out, but Britain didn't have many if any sponsors at the end. Maybe we should go back to a more simple opening and closing ceremony.
I love hearing all the stories of how people got there, what it means to them, and the countries that come with no major hope for a medal, but they come anyway.  I love cheering for those competitors.
I just plain love the Olympics!

No comments:

Post a Comment