red/blue background

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Day 13

I love my job.

In 2010 I was approached to help in a Life Skills class part time with sign language.  To teach the class some signs.
 I had never worked in a life skills class. Truly I had never been around kids with extra needs.  I went down and talked to the people in charge, and went and spent a bit of time in the class.
 I truly came out very unsure of what I was getting into.  It's always a new experience.  Each day is different and you never know what kind of day you will have.
I bravely decided to try it part time for at least a the school year.  I also was still in class for an Interpreter's degree.
I ended up loving it so much I went back this last year.  I didn't do school though, because high school has it's own set of schedules and I couldn't realistically do both.
Truly, interpreters can be difficult to work with and I'm now rethinking doing that for a full time job.  We'll see what God has planned for that in the long run.
Anyway,  this year I'll be working pretty much full time.  They created a position just for me, so that they could pay me what I had been getting.  I'm grateful and excited.  This will be a whole new year and experience.
I'm hoping to stay at least until a couple of students officially graduate.  There are some kids no matter where they are in a school, that you just fall in love with.  They invade your heart and you can't help bu love them.

This is truly one of God's ideas.  He thought of it all on HIs own, planned it out and dropped me into.  We'll see His outcome as it plays out, but I'm eternally grateful that He gave me this opportunity to be loved by kids that love you with their whole being and are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment