red/blue background

Friday, August 3, 2012

Day 3

For awhile now I've had this "speech" in my head.  Not so much a speech but a talk.  A stand on the stage in front of lot of women talk. I've been avoiding it. I'm still avoiding it, but here's the general idea of it.

I quilt. I have found I love to quilt. It took awhile and a really bad frustration moment with Ryleigh's quilt for me to love quilting.  At some point God put in my head that the steps of quilting are a lot like our relationship with Him.  Here are some of those thoughts.

I think first and foremost you should have the right tools.  Tools that you know how to use and help you quilt easier.  Tools are an individual choice.  I don't use a sewing machine. We don't get along.  I hand stitch.  The tools God gave us for life are simple- our Bible, prayer, pastors, church,mentors, friends, family, Bible studies, and.....

The pattern.  It's like God's pattern for us.  He really intended a perfect life pattern for us, and we screwed it up by eating that stupid fruit.  The pattern sets up your entire quilt.  It gives you the directions for the assembling of the quilt.  The amount of fabric, the cuts for the fabric, and how to put it together.  The Bible is our pattern.  It gives us the directions to life. How to live, how to put our life together, how to help other people put their life together.  Sometimes when we don't follow the pattern it can lead to disastrous results.

I've thought a lot about the fabric, and in the end I think fabric is different for each quilter.  For some it's just about the color, or lack of color.  For me it's all about the color.  I like color and lots of it.  I think God really wants you to have a lot of color, a lot of life.  It's ok to live!  If you live within your pattern it's great!

So I'm following my pattern, using my tools and cutting my fabric in the size they need to be.  Can't you see God cutting things out of your life? Gossip, condemnation, lust, etc.  Trimming you to make you the right person in Him.

Now, you're putting together your fabric.  One piece at a time.  You get it all together and now you have a quilt top.  It needs batting and backing, along with binding to make it a finished quilt.  We're not finished here on earth.  We become finished when we are dead, or when Jesus comes back.  I look forward to being finished.

That's the basic idea.  It still needs lots of work.



No comments:

Post a Comment